Debbie Miller welcomed all members and guests. The meeting was called to order at . Vincent, Debbie Miller’s son led the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Minutes of the November 27th meeting were posted on the website for review and approval. The Treasurer’s Report was given as follows: November balance of $558.10. There were deposits of $234.00 for dues, donations and bracelets resulting in a balance of $792.10 on January 29th.
Old Business –
- Dues/Membership Applications – Dues in the amount of $10.00 are due and payable to our Treasurer Linda Cagle along with the new Membership Applications.
- Team/Committees – Teams were explained for the benefit of our guests and new members. Each Team should meet on a monthly basis either in person or via email. A Team report should be submitted at the BSM Monthly Meeting.
- Courageous Tigers – Fund Raising.
- Flying Eagles – Letters and correspondence.
- Gentle Lambs – Emotional/moral support.
- Industrious Ants – Community service.
- Fundraising –
- Debbie Seifert received a donation of $100.00 from Jim Click and plans to contact other auto dealerships in the
area regarding matching that donation. Tucson
ACTION – Debbie contact local dealerships regarding matching Jim Click donation.
New Business –
- Publicity – Discussion on how to inform the public about BSM. No decisions were made.
- Homecoming of 285th – Some of the troops should arrive at
on January 31st. Additional troops should be arriving on February 2nd. If you can, please plan to go early, around , to help with the displaying of banners and flags. Pinal Air Park
- Fallen or Wounded Soldiers – Discussion was on how to and/or whether to set up some sort of fund to send cards, deliver food, etc. to those current or past BSM members who have a soldier who is killed or wounded. Support is the main issue. National has no rule for anything of this sort. They do receive information on any casualties and do send that information to the local BSM Chapters. Suggestion was made that the Gentle Lambs meet to prepare a proposal for submission to the next BSM Monthly Meeting.
ACTION – Gentle Lambs meet to prepare a proposal for submission to next Monthly Meeting regarding fund to be established for bereavement support.
Chrissy Harlan’s son, Daniel, joined the meeting to discuss his experiences in
The meeting adjourned at .